This week's recipe favorite and one of my childhood favorites is.....drumroll please......
School Cafeteria Peanut Butter Bars!!!
- 16 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 Cups Peanut Butter
- 1.5 Cups Granulated Sugar
- .5 Cups Golden Brown Sugar, packed
- 1.5 Teaspoon Kosher Salt (if you don't have, regular salt works fine)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 4 Eggs at room tempurature
- 2 Cups Flour, sifted
- Melt together butter and peanut butter. Set aside to cool to room tempurature. In large bowl, sift together sugars and salt. Whisk in one egg at a time until combined. Add-in vanilla. Whisk in peanut butter mixture until combined. Sift in flour and mix until flour just disappears. Pour into prepared pan (buttered pan bottom) and bake at 350 until tester comes out with moist crumbs (about 35 minutes).
- Icing Ingredients and Directions
- 1 Cup of Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter, Melted
- Milk (amount depends on desired thickness of icing-start with a couple of tablespoons and go from there)
Please e-mail us to let us know how this turned out for you, if you switched it up a lil bit and used different ingredients, tried it without the icing, etc. We want to hear from you!!! You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org